Recruitment Consultant - Accountancy and Finance - London
|Job Title:||Recruitment Consultant - Accountancy and Finance - London|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Negotiable, plus excellent commission|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||August 31, 2018 10:51|
Job Title: Recruitment Consultant
Market: Finance & Accountancy
Reporting to: Lyam Redmond - Associate Director
Location: London - Bartholomew Lane
Oliver James Associates:
We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial Recruitment Consultancy with a £100 million turnover operating out of 11 international offices. Established in 2002, we have grown organically and consistently over the past 16 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 350 employees.
The business continues to go from strength-to-strength being recognised in the industry with various awards as well as having recently been named a Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for and placed in the Virgin Fast Track 100 for the 4th time.
We opened 4 new offices last year and currently have a physical presence in Manchester, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an incredible and record-breaking year for us, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires.
OJ London & Gary Rushton - Director
Our OJ London office currently is at 30 heads and based on the doorstep of our clients, adjacent to the Bank of England.
Director, Gary Rushton heads up this office having joined OJ in 2005 from an aeronautical engineering background. He quickly established himself as a reputable recruiter within the contract actuarial space and became the first £1Million annual biller in OJ's history, progressing to Manager of the Manchester Interim division. Gary was then given the opportunity to set up the Hong Kong office and moved over in 2012, heading up the Actuarial market across Asia and gaining promotion to Director in 2015 after billing £750k in a permanent market.
Gary then returned to the UK in 2016 to become Director of London. He now heads up a team of 32 recruiters in London focused on Finance & Accountancy, Actuarial in France & DACH, Change Management, Quant, Audit, Risk & Compliance.
For this position are looking to secure an experienced contract recruiter with experience across any sector (but ideally professional services) to join a high performing team of 5 recruiters covering Finance and Accountancy, all of which are billing £300k+ with average permanent fees of £16k. OJ is the #1 recruiter of choice in the Lloyds of London market, all the clients are literally on the doorstep of OJ London, you can literally walk into the CFO's office to take a job brief.
You have full access to all of OJ's finance clients at C Suite level and below. We offer fast tracked progression and are looking for future business leaders with equity available for Directors, we have an award-winning L&D function and state of the art technology to ensure consultants are at the forefront of the market.
- This is a 360 role, proactively headhunting candidates and developing and establishing new business relationships
- The successful applicant will be focused on building a profitable desk within the financial services market, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- You will be responsible for achieving set targets.
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and clients annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and contract hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
What we can offer you;
- Global relocation is actively encouraged within Oliver James Associates once proven - either to existing offices or to set up your own.
- On top of a competitive basic salary we boast a lucrative commission scheme; it is all transparent and uncapped rather than team based - so you are in control of your own income and know exactly what your take home is.
- Culture - Our culture is unique and maintaining this is of the up most importance to Oliver and James as well as all Global Directors and Senior Stakeholders. Annually we spend £700k on company entertainment so you can get to know your counterparts around the world. This consists of quarterly lunch clubs, quarterly team events, Spring, Summer and 2x Christmas parties!
- Award-winning in-house training and development team - for every stage of your career (on recruitment and management).
- Fast track progression, Oliver James Associates provide you with the right tools to propel your career with case studies of entry level candidates progressing to Director within 3,4,5 years!
- https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Oliver-James-Associates-Reviews-E795860.htm- OJ's reviews from past and present employees
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGgRExzuqIMu2F5ESSRAxg- Our YouTube channel so you can check out our company parties, client networking events, new office launches and more!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's