Recruitment Analyst - NYC - Actuarial
|Job Title:||Recruitment Analyst - NYC - Actuarial|
|Location:||New York, USA|
|Salary:||Negotiable, plus excellent commission|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 12:48|
Job Title: Recruitment Analyst
Location: 575 5th Ave. 22nd floor, New York 10017
Oliver James Associates:
We are an ambitious, entrepreneurial and privately-owned Recruitment Consultancy with a $135 million turnover operating out of 11 international offices. Established in 2002, we have grown organically and consistently over the past 16 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 350 employees.
We opened 4 new offices last year and currently have a physical presence in Manchester, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an incredible and record-breaking year for us, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires.
The New York office:
Oliver James Associates have been working the USA market placing senior professionals across our core disciplines for around 4 years setting up physically in October 2015. We place senior professionals on both a contract and permanent basis across IT, Data & Analytics, Change Management, Finance & Accountancy, Actuarial and Underwriting, Claims and Broking into the financial services, consultancy, fintech and technology businesses.
The office is performing extremely well, in the first 18 months in the USA we saw 4 of the team finishing in the top 15 globally and this success has continued with the USA. In 2017, New York produced the top perm biller globally and saw 6 in the top 20 for perm and contract billers across the global business.
This really is an incredible opportunity to join a company with a start-up culture and close-knit team without the usual funding problems of a start-up. You will have full backing from a $135 million company, invested into our systems, offices, networking events, your professional/personal development and entertainment.
It's a relaxed yet high performing working environment and an extremely fun team! Quarterly lunch clubs and incentives. Free drinks on Friday's. Holiday incentives. 1hr 30 minutes for the gym at lunch time.
Oliver James Associates have the largest team of actuarial recruitment consultants Globally, it is our flagship division and are known so well in this market with clients and candidates alike! The Manager on this desk Rachael Wilson is extremely well versed in training and developing up entry level candidates to become top billers. Recruitment experience is not required for this position but the right motivations and attitude are, more on this below;
- Ideally you will have 6+ months of sales experience
- You must be confident on the phone, able to build rapport quickly and establish long lasting relationships
- You must demonstrate that you are ambitious, results driven, self-motivated and naturally competitive
- Proactively create, maintain, and develop a network of candidates via sales focused telephone activity
- Proactively promote Oliver James Associates business and services to all contacts in order to generate new candidate recommendations and referrals
- Identify new sales leads and pass to recruiters to follow up with approaches to appropriate target clients
- Keep up with current and anticipated demand of candidates with a clearly outlined skillset, maximising efficiency through the effective use of LinkedIn and internal databases
- Actively mapping a candidate pool in response to client's hiring requirements
- Screen, interview and assess candidates in line with company standards to ensure a thorough understanding of their job and career requirements
What we can offer you;
- Global relocation is actively encouraged within Oliver James Associates once proven - either to existing offices or to set up your own.
- On top of a competitive basic salary we boast a lucrative commission scheme; it is all transparent and uncapped rather than team based - so you are in control of your own income and know exactly what your take home is.
- Culture - Our culture is unique and maintaining this is of the up-most importance to Oliver and James as well as all Global Directors and Senior Stakeholders. Annually we spend $1 million on company entertainment so you can get to know your counterparts around the world. This consists of quarterly lunch clubs, quarterly team events, Spring & Christmas parties and a VIP Summer trip!
- Award-winning in-house learning and development team - for every stage of your career (on recruitment and management).
- Fast track progression, Oliver James Associates provide you with the right tools to propel your career with case studies of entry level candidates progressing to Director within 3,4,5 years!
- https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Oliver-James-Associates-Reviews-E795860.htm- OJ's reviews from past and present employees
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGgRExzuqIMu2F5ESSRAxg- Our YouTube channel so you can check out our company parties, client networking events, new office launches and more!
Please apply for a confidential conversation with our internal recruitment team about the opportunity in more detail.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Recruitment Associate - NYC - Underwriting
New York, USA
Negotiable, plus excellent commission
Managing Recruitment Consultant - NYC - Contract IT & Change
New York, USA
Negotiable, plus excellent commission
Recruitment Consultant - Frankfurt
Office Manager Assistant - Protected Categories