Managing Recruitment Consultant - NYC - Contract IT & Change
|Job Title:||Managing Recruitment Consultant - NYC - Contract IT & Change|
|Location:||New York, USA|
|Salary:||Negotiable, plus excellent commission|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 11:32|
Job Title: Managing Recruitment Consultant
Market: Contract Change and Technology
Location: 575 5th Ave. 22nd floor, New York 10017
Oliver James Associates:
We are an ambitious, entrepreneurial and privately-owned Recruitment Consultancy with a $135 million turnover operating out of 11 international offices. Established in 2002, we have grown organically and consistently over the past 16 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 350 employees.
We opened 4 new offices last year and currently have a physical presence in Manchester, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an incredible and record-breaking year for us, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires.
The New York office:
Oliver James Associates have been working the USA market placing senior professionals across our core disciplines for around 4 years setting up physically in October 2015. We place senior professionals on both a contract and permanent basis across IT, Data & Analytics, Change Management, Finance & Accountancy, Actuarial and Underwriting, Claims and Broking into the financial services, consultancy, fintech and technology businesses.
The office is performing extremely well, in the first 18 months in the USA we saw 4 of the team finishing in the top 15 globally and this success has continued with the USA. In 2017, New York produced the top perm biller globally and saw 6 in the top 20 for perm and contract billers across the global business.
This really is an incredible opportunity to join a company with a start-up culture and close-knit team without the usual funding problems of a start-up. You will have full backing from a $135 million company, invested into our systems, offices, networking events, your professional/personal development and entertainment.
It's a relaxed yet high performing working environment and an extremely fun team! Quarterly lunch clubs and incentives. Free drinks on Friday's. Holiday incentives. 1hr 30 minutes for the gym at lunch time.
You will be joining an established team in New York, this division is one of our flagship and most lucrative markets with a number of Directors Globally having carved out their career on this division. You will be entrusted to mentor the existing team whilst reporting into the current AVP in the office who is an expert in this market with plenty of existing relationships to leverage from. You will be on a fast tracked promotion scheme to Management in the short term whereby you can them grow out your team.
The team dynamic is very fun and close knit, boasting a wealth of knowledge within this discipline. We are looking for someone commercially minded, with management experience or the desire to manager plus strong business development skills.
- All Recruiters at Oliver James Associates operate in 360 roles, proactively headhunting candidates and developing and establishing new business relationship.
- The successful applicant will be focused on building and developing a profitable desk within the Financial Services market, mapping out main target companies,working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- Responsible for mentoring and upskilling the current team whilst holding key relationships across the desk
- You will be responsible for achieving set targets; KPI's will include an annual, quarterly and monthly revenue target, phone activity, CV's out (jobs and speculative), Interviews, Jobs and Headhunts which can all be reviewed on a weekly or monthly basis, and reported to the Senior Management team
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and client's annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
- Negotiating commercial terms with both NYSE MKT listed businesses and high growth, start up firms, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and interim hires
- Continuous learning in order to be up to date in the market with the development of technology and data tools, software's and applications
What we can offer you;
- Global relocation is actively encouraged within Oliver James Associates once proven - either to existing offices or to set up your own.
- On top of a competitive basic salary we boast a lucrative commission scheme; it is all transparent and uncapped rather than team based - so you are in control of your own income and know exactly what your take home is.
- Culture - Our culture is unique and maintaining this is of the up-most importance to Oliver and James as well as all Global Directors and Senior Stakeholders. Annually we spend $1 million on company entertainment so you can get to know your counterparts around the world. This consists of quarterly lunch clubs, quarterly team events, Spring & Christmas parties and a VIP Summer trip!
- Award-winning in-house learning and development team - for every stage of your career (on recruitment and management).
- Fast track progression, Oliver James Associates provide you with the right tools to propel your career with case studies of entry level candidates progressing to Director within 3,4,5 years!
- https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Oliver-James-Associates-Reviews-E795860.htm- OJ's reviews from past and present employees
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGgRExzuqIMu2F5ESSRAxg- Our YouTube channel so you can check out our company parties, client networking events, new office launches and more!
Please apply for a confidential conversation with our internal recruitment team about the opportunity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Recruitment Consultant (Interim / Contract Division)
New York, USA
Recruitment Analyst - NYC - Actuarial
New York, USA
Negotiable, plus excellent commission
Manchester, Greater Manchester
excellent benefits & commission
Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
generous commission & benefits 1st year OTE - £40k