Managing Recruitment Consultant - Legal - Manchester
|Job Title:||Managing Recruitment Consultant - Legal - Manchester|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Negotiable, plus excellent commission|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2018 16:27|
Job Title: Managing Recruitment Consultant
Location: No.1 Spinningfields, Hardman St, Manchester M3 3EB
Oliver James Associates:
We are an ambitious, entrepreneurial and privately-owned Recruitment Consultancy with a £100 million turnover operating out of 11 international offices. Established in 2002, we have grown organically and consistently over the past 16 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 350 employees.
The business continues to go from strength-to-strength being recognised in the industry with various awards as well as having recently been named a Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for and placed in the Virgin Fast Track 100 for the 4th time.
We opened 4 new offices last year and currently have a physical presence in Manchester, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an incredible and record-breaking year for us, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires.
The Manchester Office
Manchester was the first office to open and remains our HQ still today. Manchester has 90+ billing consultants located in the prestigious No1 Spinningfields plus all of our back-office support function and award-winning in-house Learning and Development team.
Manchester is the largest office within the business and we cover both the North, London and Swiss markets from here across the following disciplines, split between contract and permanent; Actuarial, Finance & Accountancy, Procurement, Change Management, IT & Cyber Security, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory & Financial crime, Legal but are always hungry to expand into new territories. We place into Financial Services and Commerce and Industry clients.
Working hard and proving yourself in this environment is key, it will enable you to make lots of money and progress extremely quickly in an achievable timescale.
We actively encourage Global relocation for those who prove themselves within any of our markets. The opportunities really are endless for the right person.
Our Legal desk was set up 18 months ago by two of our most prolific billers, Associate Directors Jamie Howard and Paul Francis. Their expertise lies within senior head hunting, retained search and executive hires and well as having an unrivalled abundance of deep knowledge within their disciplines.
Our clients are leading Global 100 firms in the UK, EU and USA speaking to candidates dealing with transactions of billions.
The market is extremely candidate short where a great recruiter can really stand out. There is an abundance of jobs and access to executive line contact, minimal HR and no RPO. We have a warm client base and a mapped-out candidate database.
Our core salary focus is £80-400k (our average is £150,000 to date) but some partner level salaries will go up to £2 million. Minimum fees are £20k, to date our average fee is £40k and can go up to £100k meaning for you £150k-£200k+ (2nd year OTE)
Legal is going to be our fastest growth desk, following on from the success we have had in Asia.
For some comparison, Actuarial is our flagship desk, top billers on perm do £600k and £1m+ on contract. The legal market is 3 times more lucrative and 4-5 times bigger.
From a cold standing start Paul Francis billed £200k in the first 5 months of operation. We are looking for highly ambitious individuals looking to progress rapidly to Director, you will have full remit to progress to management and bringing on board your own direct reports.
- You will be required to proactively headhunt partner level candidates and develop and establish new business relationships, whilst maintaining and further developing existing Client relationships
- As a Managing Consultant you will be tasked to develop and mentor other indvididuals on the team
- Responsible for developing a desk, sourcing candidates and matching them to suitable roles
- Defining client's requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and client's annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Influencing candidates and clients to gather insightful information and conversing technically about the market
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and interim hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
What we can offer you;
- Global relocation is actively encouraged within Oliver James Associates once proven - either to existing offices or to set up your own.
- On top of a competitive basic salary we boast a lucrative commission scheme; it is all transparent and uncapped rather than team based - so you are in control of your own income and know exactly what your take home is.
- Culture - Our culture is unique and maintaining this is of the up-most importance to Oliver and James as well as all Global Directors and Senior Stakeholders. Annually we spend £700k on company entertainment so you can get to know your counterparts around the world. This consists of quarterly lunch clubs, quarterly team events, Spring, Summer and 2x Christmas parties!
- Award-winning in-house training and development team - for every stage of your career (on recruitment and management).
- Fast track progression, Oliver James Associates provide you with the right tools to propel your career with case studies of entry level candidates progressing to Director within 3,4,5 years!
- https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Oliver-James-Associates-Reviews-E795860.htm - OJ's reviews from past and present employees
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGgRExzuqIMu2F5ESSRAxg - Our YouTube channel so you can check out our company parties, client networking events, new office launches and more!
Please apply for a confidential conversation with our internal recruitment team about the opportunity in more detail.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Legal Recruitment Consultant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Managing Recruitment Consultant - NYC - Contract IT & Change
New York, USA
Negotiable, plus excellent commission
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Managing Associate - Actuarial
New York, USA
Negotiable, uncapped commission
IT Recruitment Consultant (Interim / Contract Division)
New York, USA