Managing Recruitment Consultant - Hong Kong - IT Security
|Job Title:||Managing Recruitment Consultant - Hong Kong - IT Security|
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Salary:||Negotiable basic + Excellent commission scheme|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 17:06|
Job Title: Managing Recruitment Consultant
Market: IT Security
Location: The Center, 1906-07, No 99 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Oliver James Associates:
We are an ambitious, entrepreneurial and privately owned Recruitment Consultancy with a £100 million turnover operating out of 11 international offices. Established in 2002, we have grown organically and consistently over the past 16 years to become a renowned financial services search & selection organisation, with a current head count of circa 350 employees.
The business continues to go from strength-to-strength being recognised in the industry with various awards as well as having recently been named a Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for and placed in the Virgin Fast Track 100 for the 4th time.
We opened 4 new offices last year and currently have a physical presence in Manchester, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an incredible and record-breaking year for us, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires.
The Hong Kong office:
Our Hong Kong office opened in 2011, over the past 7 years they have grown to a headcount of 40 with significant future growth and are the leading financial and professional services recruiter across 8 core vertical markets, from this office in 2017 they established a Singapore office of 6 to further their reach across the APAC region and look to open further offices in the coming years. (Tokyo, Shanghai, Australia, Malaysia).
Jonny Plews - qualified as an accountant before joining OJ in 2004, progressing from AC to head of Actuarial and in 5 years became Director of Hong Kong. He has since established a £10million T/O business in Asia employing 40 heads specialising in 8 core disciplines, and successfully mentored, developed and promoted Toby Weston to Director of Singapore.
Our Hong Kong office are doing incredibly well. Right now out of our top 12 billers Globally 8 of them are from HK.
It's a relaxed yet high performing working environment and an extremely fun team! They team monthly targets whereby you can get Friday afternoon off. Quarterly lunch clubs and incentives. Free drinks on Friday's. Holiday incentives. 1hr 30 minutes for the gym at lunch time.
We are looking for a Managing Recruitment Consultant in our Hong Kong office to grow the Cyber team, ideally we want someone with knowledge of this market and either the experience of managing or the desire and attributes to be a great leader.
- All recruitment consultants at Oliver James Associates are expected to work as 360 recruiters, who are required to proactively headhunt candidates and develop and establish new business relationships, whilst maintaining and further developing existing Client relationships
- Responsible for mentoring an Associate Consultant/Consultant/Senior Consultant within your team whilst holding key relationships across the desk
- The successful applicant will be targeted on head hunting candidates from Junior level up to Board level
- Responsible for developing a desk from scratch, sourcing candidates and matching them to suitable roles
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Influencing candidates and clients to gather insightful information and conversing technically about the market
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and interim hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
What we can offer you;
- Global relocation is actively encouraged within Oliver James Associates once proven - either to existing offices or to set up your own.
- On top of a competitive basic salary we boast a lucrative commission scheme; it is all transparent and uncapped rather than team based - so you are in control of your own income and know exactly what your take home is.
- Culture - Our culture is unique and maintaining this is of the up-most importance to Oliver and James as well as all Global Directors and Senior Stakeholders. Annually we spend £700k on company entertainment so you can get to know your counterparts around the world. This consists of quarterly lunch clubs, quarterly team events, Spring, Summer and 2x Christmas parties!
- Award-winning in-house training and development team - for every stage of your career (on recruitment and management).
- Fast track progression, Oliver James Associates provide you with the right tools to propel your career with case studies of entry level candidates progressing to Director within 3,4,5 years!
- https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Oliver-James-Associates-Reviews-E795860.htm - OJ's reviews from past and present employees
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGgRExzuqIMu2F5ESSRAxg - Our YouTube channel so you can check out our company parties, client networking events, new office launches and more!
Please apply for a confidential conversation with our internal recruitment team about the opportunity in more detail.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Managing Recruitment Consultant - NYC - Contract IT & Change
New York, USA
Negotiable, plus excellent commission
IT Recruitment Consultant (Interim / Contract Division)
New York, USA
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
excellent benefits & commission
Managing Associate - Actuarial
New York, USA
Negotiable, uncapped commission