|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Reference:||M - Amsterdam_1530786850|
|Contact Name:||OJ Careers|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2018 11:34|
Oliver James Associates is an award winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates is a global specialist recruitment partner to the Financial Services, Professional Services, Commerce & Industry sectors. We have grown organically and consistently over the past 15 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 290 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an exciting year, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires and our turnover increased to £85 Million.
We are currently seeking a Manager. As a Manager on the Desk you will be responsible for sourcing professionals within specific sectors whilst developing new business with clients.
- Be responsible for managing and driving growth across market/discipline/region
- Working with the Director to set monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs around individual/team performance
- You will also be responsible for mentoring, coaching and supporting members of your team, developing them in some cases from Associate Consultants to Consultants/Senior Consultants, from Consultants/Senior Consultants to Managing Consultants
- As a Manager you will also be expected to be a hands-on recruiter yourself who can lead by example. All consultants at Oliver James Associates are expected to work as 360 recruiters who proactively headhunt candidates to assist them in managing their careers as well as establishing new business relationships, and managing / nurturing existing client relationships
- Managing a defined set of US based insurance clients you will be targeted on developing relationships
- Defining client's requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and client's annual growth plans
- You will be expected to network with your candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- You will be expected to cross sell other disciplines and incorporate other business areas into the relationship you cultivate
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for negotiating commercial terms multinational companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and interim hires
Who we're looking for:
- Confident, bright and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment which is challenging yet rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and be target driven
- A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers. You will have excellent communication skills, an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long term business relationships
- Career minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit. You must be able to display a track record of high achievement either in or out of work
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A goal orientated mentality
- Proactive sales experience
- The speed of thought to spot opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- The ability to be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills
- A confident approach
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires.
- Additionally you will be able to demonstrate resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a sales role brings
- A track record of high achievement in previous roles
These roles are aimed at individuals with high potential who are seeking a business that will invest in them, if you prove yourself then promotional opportunities are available. Specific experience is not essential but commitment and a genuine desire to achieve are.
We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as a salary and market leading commission structure we offer Managers a very competitive package.
What we offer
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge - and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.
We have an award winning Learning and Development team, so we provide training for all employees across all office locations, to ensure that you are consistently challenged and developed. A role with Oliver James Associates is not just a job, it's a career!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's