|Job Title:||Legal Officer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2019 17:01|
In-House Legal officer required for an incredibly reputable, growing and global recruitment consultancy.
Job Title: Legal Officer
Report: Head of Legal and Compliance/Senior Legal Advisor
Location: No1 Spinningfields, Hardman Square Manchester, M3 3EB
Oliver James Associates is an award-winning Recruitment Agency which has won multiple awards. This year we are proud to say that we have won 2 awards in the TaliNT International Recruitment Awards for Best Client Service and Back Office Team of the Year.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 470 employees operating out of 11 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial recruitment organisation with a turnover of £120 million which offers a fully supported environment for experienced and junior professionals to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our niche markets and operating model.
If successful in achieving this position you will join an established group of experts, working alongside a trainee and experienced solicitor and your role will be pivotal to the overall business intentions of further development and growth.
The scope of this role can vary depending on the successful individual to cater to their experience and desired career path. However, some key responsibilities include supporting the in-house counsel and legal advisor with:
- The coordination of commercial agreements with our clients across both permanent and contract recruitment functions.
- Drafting and negotiation of both commercial and legal aspects of contract terms with clients and internal senior internal stakeholders to ensure that the agreements are commercially advantageous and acceptable to the business.
- Assisting and advising on business projects on a global scale. Such projects to date have included: IR35, GDPR, new office openings and business ventures.
- Regularly researching and informing the business about adjustments in legislation relating to business activities across all of Oliver James Associates international locations.
- Advising on legal matters such as employment issues and commercial disputes and dealing with ad hoc requests for legal advice from any part of the business.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Contract Operations Team and coordinating with our in-house compliance team on contract placements.
- Dealing with and responding to candidate contract queries, making agreed amendments, creating template contracts specific to candidate and updating spreadsheet.
- Managing all incoming contracts review work; carrying out daily audits and chasing unsigned contracts.
- Managing the legal internal contract log and producing weekly reports.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
At Oliver James Associates, our people and the attributes that they bring are our strength.
We are open minded to candidates with varied experience, perhaps those looking to take the plunge into a legal career!
The successful candidate will as a minimum requirement demonstrate the following experience, skills, behaviours and able to fulfil the requirements of the role:
- Previous office administration experience
- Excellent Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of commercial agreements
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload
- Ability to work both efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a large and varied team
- Flexibility and excellent attention to detail is essential
- Basic skills of all MS Packages including Excel and Word
- Willingness to learn and a strong desire to develop new skills
- Ability to use Initiative and be pro-active in the approach to all tasks undertaken
- Possess a high level of perseverance as well as a strong work ethic
It is preferable for the individual to have legal experience although this is not mandatory.
What we offer
Recruitment is an exciting and fast paced industry with many opportunities for development and progression.
Our people provide our competitive edge and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as generous remuneration and benefits we offer;
* Christmas parties & summer events
* Quarterly lunch club incentives
* Extended lunch breaks for gym goers
* Team nights out
* Friday drinks
* 20+ days annual leave (plus extra time off over Christmas)
and much more…