Finance Assistant - Credit Control
|Job Title:||Finance Assistant - Credit Control|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||OJ Careers|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2018 11:19|
Awarded MEN Business of the year and Best Places to Work.
This ambitious and entrepreneurial services organisation with in excess of £90 million turnover operating out of 10 international offices seeks to acquire a Finance Assistant to work within sales ledger and credit control.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently since its inception to become the preferred recruitment partner to the financial services/consultancy sectors. With an international presence (300+ staff in the UK, Continental Europe, The Americas and Asia), the business continues to invest in its employees, global expansion and business activities.
Our international presence is recognised by a vast array of awards. Most recently, we have won Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Reporting directly to the Credit Control Manager in a centralised Group finance function, this role will include accounts receivable responsibilities, supporting credit controllers and wider finance duties. You will be a confident individual with strong communication skills.
The role will give you the opportunity to work alongside our clients who are global / Blue Chip organisations based across UK, Ireland, Continental Europe, North America and Asia Pacific regions including: Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of China, Lloyds Banking Group, Deloitte, AXA Investment Managers, AVIVA and Credit Suisse.
- Effective monitoring of customer payments to achieve cash and aged debt targets across our domestic and European markets
- Ensure prompt action is taken for non-payment or continued late payment
- Develop strong relationships with client base and bank management
- Daily banking and allocating payments for all BACS and direct payments
- Perform credit checks
- Daily recording of permanent placement deals
- Work with Contract Operations team to record contract placement deals
- To report to management on issues and inform them early of potential debtors problems
- Complete monthly Invoice Discounting facility reconciliations and reporting
- Complete monthly Bad Debt & Credit Provision reports
- Confident and organised in your approach to finance duties and possess strong communication skills required to build and sustain relationships with our external customers, and internally across all divisions of the business
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Currently working within a sales ledger / credit control environment and have proven experience of managing your own ledger of accounts
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company who can offer long term career and team development opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's