|Job Title:||Database Developer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£30000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Beth Francis|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 17:49|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join a team that is responsible for the development of bespoke applications, system integrations and data migration projects.
Ideally, you'll also have a background and interest in Database Administration and help ensure that our systems are available, recoverable, performant and secure.
The role involves working closely with key stakeholders as well as developers, end users and third parties.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years database development and integration experience. You will have a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a desire for continuous improvement. The Oliver James DNA is at the heart of everything we do, and you'll be able to evident this: Competitive, Urgent, Influential, Positive, Impactful and Informed.
Core Responsibilities of the Role…
- Database architecture, design and modelling.
- Database migrations and integrations including the use of APIs.
- Understanding of performant and secure code and the change control process.
- Stakeholder management and project delivery.
- Adopting a continuous improvement methodology and delivering a best in class service to the business.
Desired Responsibilities of the Role…
- Availability, recoverability and performance of data applications within our estate.
- Monitoring of data applications and data integrations with proactive and automated maintenance.
- Server and database security of data applications.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required…
- SQL Server development environment and associated tools (SQL Server 2016, 2012 SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- T-SQL programming and troubleshooting, query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions, Statistics, DMVs.
- Design, build and operation of ETL processes and tools.
- API, SOAP and REST.
- Working with and querying XML and JSON.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across the business defining and documenting requirements and processes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Desired…
- Any experience of .net, C#.
- Any experience of database monitoring, backup/recovery, always-on and patching.
- Any experience of High Availability options (Availability Groups, Clustering, Replication, Database Mirroring.)
- Any experience of Cloud (AWS, Azure) and migration to cloud.
- Any experience of working in an agile environment, using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban and development practices such as Test/Behaviour Driven Development, Pair Programming and Continuous Delivery.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Processes.
- Any experience of PowerShell.
What we offer…
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge - and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.
- Competitive salary and discretionary quarterly bonus.
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%.
- Private Healthcare Insurance provided by BUPA.
- Award winning Learning and Development and structured Promotion Pathway.
- Excellent Social Calendar; Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events.
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives; Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily.
- Generous holiday entitlement - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave.
- Other benefits - including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers.