|Job Title:||BI Analyst|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||BUPA, Pension, Incentives|
|Contact Name:||Beth Francis|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2019 17:23|
Oliver James Associates is an award-winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates is a global specialist recruitment partner to the Financial Services, Professional Services, Commerce & Industry sectors. We have grown organically and consistently over the past 15 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 290 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an exciting year, with 103 promotions and 118 new hires and our turnover increased to £85 Million.
We are currently seeking a BI Analyst to work from our Manchester head office.
About the Role…
This is an exciting opportunity for a BI Analyst to join a team that is responsible for providing insight across the business including the creation of new reports, data analysis and ad-hoc reporting requests. The role involves working closely with key stakeholders as well as developers and end users.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years BI and database development background. You will have a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a desire for continuous improvement which you'll be able to evident.
Core Responsibilities of the Role…
- Building detailed reports in Power BI, SSRS, Excel or SPs to be invoked by bespoke reporting applications.
- Requirements gathering for new reports and requests.
- Managing new reporting requests and queries.
- Stakeholder management and project delivery.
- Management of and improvements to the data warehouse and analytics platforms.
- Delivery improvements in data quality, database and reporting efficiency.
- Adopting a continuous improvement methodology and delivering a best in class service to the business.
Experience and Knowledge…
- SQL Server development environment and associated tools.
- Exposure to SQL 2016 & Azure SQL would be beneficial.
- T-SQL programming and troubleshooting, query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions.
- Design, build and operation of ETL packages using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience processing large data sets.
- Documentation of processes.
- Design and implementation of Data Warehouses and Dimensional Modelling.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Processes.
- Strong problem-solving capability, numeracy and analytical skills.
- Experience in working in an agile environment, using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban beneficial
- Experience in agile development practices such as Test/Behaviour Driven Development, Pair Programming and Continuous Delivery also beneficial.
- SQL Server 2016, 2012, 2008.
- Strong TSQL scripting, SSIS and SSRS.
- PowerBI or Visualisation software, Advanced Excel (Macros, VBA, PowerQuery).
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across the business defining and documenting requirements.
- Experience of Cloud, AWS or Azure and migration to cloud.
- ITIL: experience working with incidents, service requests, changes, problems.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Any experience of R / Python / Scala and modern approaches to data warehousing.
- Any experience of data modelling and forecasting.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent Social Calendar - Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events.
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily.
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA.
- Generous holiday entitlement - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave.
- Other benefits - including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers.
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%.
What we offer…
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge - and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.