|Job Title:||Associate Director|
|Location:||Singapore River, Singapore|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Miranda|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 17:15|
We are currently seeking an Associate Director for the Insurance and Actuarial Team.
Oliver James Associates is an award-winning global recruitment agency whose achievements include a spot on the Sunday Times International Track 200 and the Global Recruiter Best Client Service award, to name a few.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 17 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 470 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2018 was an exciting year, with 134 promotions and 195 new hires and our turnover increased to £120 million.
As an Associate Director on the Insurance and Actuarial Desk you will be responsible for sourcing Insurance and Actuarial professionals within specific sectors whilst developing new business with clients.
* Be responsible for managing and driving growth across region
* Working with the Director to set monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs around individual/team performance
* You will also be responsible for mentoring, coaching and supporting members of your team, developing them in some cases from Associate Consultants to Consultants/Senior Consultants, from Consultants/Senior Consultants to Managing Consultants
* As an Associate Director, you will also be expected to be a hands-on recruiter yourself who can lead by example. All consultants at Oliver James Associates are expected to work as 360 recruiters who proactively headhunt candidates to assist them in managing their careers as well as establishing new business relationships, and managing / nurturing existing client relationships
* Managing a defined set of insurance clients you will be targeted on developing relationships with clients across the region.
* Defining client's requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and client's annual growth plans
* You will be expected to network with your candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
* You will be expected to cross sell other disciplines and incorporate other business areas into the relationship you cultivate
* The successful candidate will also be responsible for negotiating commercial terms multinational companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and interim hires
Who we're looking for:
* Confident, bright and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment which is challenging yet rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and be target driven
* A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers. You will have excellent communication skills, an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long term business relationships
* Career minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit. You must be able to display a track record of high achievement either in or out of work
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* A goal orientated mentality
* Proactive sales experience
* The speed of thought to spot opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
* The ability to be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
* A high level of verbal and written communication skills
* A confident approach
* An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires.
* Additionally you will be able to demonstrate resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a sales role brings
* A track record of high achievement in previous roles
These roles are aimed at individuals with high potential who are seeking a business that will invest in them, if you prove yourself then promotional opportunities are available. Specific experience is not essential but commitment and a genuine desire to achieve are