Associate Consultant - European Market
|Job Title:||Associate Consultant - European Market|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 10:28|
Oliver James Associates is an award-winning Recruitment Agency that has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 15 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 300 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2017 was an exciting year, with 105 promotions and 112 new hires with turnover increasing to £92 million.
We are currently seeking Associate Consultant to join our hugely successful and well established European Actuarial team, of which Oliver James Associates are the global leaders in what is a niche and highly lucrative market. You will be supported by a Senior Manager equipped with extensive knowledge of the market and a consistent top biller (£400k-£500k). Concurrently you will immediately be enrolled to our award-winning learning and development programme to ensure a smooth transition to becoming a consistently successful recruiter.
- All Recruiters at Oliver James Associates operate in 360 roles, proactively headhunting candidates and developing and establishing new business relationships
- The successful applicant will be focused on building a profitable desk within the financial services market, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- You will be responsible for achieving set targets.
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and client’s annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and contract hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
Who we're looking for
- Fluency in German or French would advantageous.
- A proven business developer and networker
- We are looking for confident, bright and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment which is challenging yet rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and be target driven
- A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers. You will have excellent communication skills, an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long term business relationships.
- You must be able to display a track record of high achievement either in or out of work.
- Career minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a goal orientated individual
- Have the initiative to spot and capitalise on opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- Be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal communication skills
- Have a confident approach
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires as well as the resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a sales role brings
- A track record of high achievement in previous roles
These roles are aimed at individuals with high potential who are seeking a business that will invest in them, if you prove yourself then promotional opportunities are available. Recruitment experience is essential however specific sector experience is not. It is important that you demonstrate commitment and a genuine desire to achieve. In addition to the above you will be a team player, with a vibrant personality.
We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as a salary and market leading commission structure we offer Associate Consultants/Consultants:
- Excellent Social Calendar – including High achiever incentives; Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- Generous holiday entitlement – including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Other benefits – including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Contribution which is matched up 4.5%
What we offer
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge – and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.